Are you ready to be a part of a multi-talented team of industry professionals? Are you an enthusiastic, solutions-focused, sales-driven professional that is looking for a position with excitement and variety. Due to our consistent success in engineering 3D printing and 3D milling sales, Purple Platypus is expanding our team of 3D Sales Engineers!
Our Engineers promote the growth of Purple Platypus’ sales and services through their expertise in engineering and software, as well as, develop new products and engineering solutions for our service bureau customers. You will partner with the business development team to serve as a technical liaison for our customers. You will also provide technical services and support to clients via phone, email and in person.
- Conceptualize, Design, and Prototype New Products
- Work with customers to develop their concept into products
- Support customer benchmark and beta programs
- Craft custom demonstrations and technical reports for a diverse client base.
- Some onsite customer work required
- Work with business development team to support pre and post-sales efforts.
- Develop full understanding of Purple Platypus products.
- Provide technical training and consulting to customers.
- Demonstrates ability to exceed sales goals in a fast-paced, and dynamic sales position
- Closing new business on a monthly and quarterly cycle
- Diligently maintaining and tracking sales stage status in CRM
- Ability to work successfully with prospects to understand their needs and prioritize and manage requests across multiple organizations
- Ability to interact and communicate with all levels of an organization as well as external suppliers and vendors
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Proficient in PC, MS Windows Programs, and Salesforce CRM system
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong CAD expertise
- Strong people skills
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Some understanding of computer networking and hardware.
Education & Experience:
- BA/BS degree preferred and/or equivalent work experience selling in a similar environment
- Min 3 years work experience is a plus
- Mechanical design experience is a plus
- Experience delivering software presentations or training.
- FDM, PolyJet and CNC Milling experience is a plus.
We offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Casual office environment of serious professionals
- Team-oriented work space
- Company-sponsored team outings
About Purple Platypus:
Purple Platypus, Inc., a certified Platinum Stratasys 3D printer reseller in Arizona, Nevada and Southern California, an expert reseller in Roland Milling Machines, and SpaceClaim 3D Modeling Software. Purple Porcupine, the sister company of Purple Platypus, is the industry leader in 3D printing services utilizing all the Stratasys 3D printing technologies in their showroom which is the largest 3D printer showroom in the Southwest region of the US.
With over 30 years of accumulated experience in the 3D Printing Industry, Purple Platypus provides their customers with extensive industry and product knowledge, expert engineering application consultation and solution-based technical support services. For more information, please visit www.purpleplatypus.com or contact Purple Platypus at (949)474-9222.
Headquartered in Irvine, CA, Purple Platypus is the leading industry experts in additive manufacturing.
Purple Platypus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected].