Are you ready to be a part of a multi-talented team of 3D printing industry professionals? Are you an enthusiastic, customer-focused, technical professional that is looking for a position with excitement and variety, while becoming an expert in the best engineering tools in the world? Due to our consistent success in engineering services, 3D printing services, and 3D printer machine sales, Purple Platypus is expanding our team of Application Engineers!
Our Engineers promote the growth of Purple Platypus’ sales and services through their expertise in engineering and hands-on printer applications, as well as the development of new products and engineering solutions for our service bureau customers. You will partner with the business development team to serve as a technical liaison for our customers and lead technical learning sessions. Working with clients via phone, email, and in-person are all part of the responsibilities of this important position.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Conceptualize, Design, and Prototype New Products.
- Be the 3D Printer expert: Keep up with all 3D Printer learning facilities.
- Support customer benchmark and beta programs.
- Craft custom demonstrations and technical reports for a diverse client base.
- Some onsite customer work required.
- Work with business development teams to support pre and post-sales efforts.
- Develop full understanding of all Purple Platypus product offerings.
- Provide technical training and consulting to customers.
Skills & Abilities
- Strong CAD expertise.
- Strong people skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office.
- Some understanding of computer networking and hardware.
Education and Experience
- BS in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 3 years work experience
- Mechanical design experience
- Experience delivering software presentations or training
- Knowledge of various 3D printing technologies is a plus
This position is in-person at our Irvine, CA Tech Center. We are putting our employee health and safety first with required face coverings, socially distanced office cubicles and mandatory temperature checks.
About Purple Platypus
Purple Platypus, with its headquarters in Orange County, is the only Diamond level reseller covering Southern California, Arizona, and Nevada for Stratasys 3D printers, ProtoMAX waterjets, Roland benchtop milling machines, and Materialise Magics software. With an extensive product line, two convenient locations, and a committed, knowledgeable team of industry experts, Purple Platypus is able to provide businesses the technology needed to bring their innovative designs and ideas to life.
Purple Platypus is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected].